Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Crazy Cork and Kerry - Part II

After visiting the Gap of Dunloe, we drove around to the nearest town which is Kilarney. The southwest of Ireland is predominantly strong christian settlement, here I took a picture of Christ church in Kilarney, I hope I had remembered it correctly.

Christ church at Killarney, Ireland.
Bulding next to the Christ church.
We also went to another spot in Kerry, the Ballymalis Castle. Unlike it's british counterparts, majority of Ireland Castles are now in ruins and inhabitable.


Road to the Ballymalis Castle is actually like someone's backyard road.


Ballymalis Castle description.

Ballymalis Castle.


The castle interior.
Finally, we drove around the famous Ring of Kerry. The scenic drive will take you through various country side spots, like the Rosbeigh beach near Killarney.
Rossbeigh beach with winds forces up to 50-60km/h.
Another shot of Rossbeigh beach with very strong winds.
I struggled to get out of the car as the wind kept pushing the car door. It was that strong. I had to stand at 45 degrees just to stay still or not I will topple over, crazy stuff. We drove another 5 hours back which is why I said it is Crazy Cork and Kerry. The trip is a memorable one though.
Lastly, before we headed back, we stopped at Ballycarbery Castle


Ballycarbery castle, still in ruins though ...

No comments: