Thursday, December 27, 2007

Crazy Cliff of Moher

West coast of Ireland has many scenic attractions and one of the famous attraction is the "Cliff of Moher" which is about 45 minutes drive from Galway. The drive to Galway from Dublin is quite relaxing, having highways and road signs. It's a challenge to drive to the cliff after Galway. Narrow roads with speed limit of 100 km/h which is impossible to reach :)

It's a good 3 hours drive from Dublin and Galway heading east taking the motorway[motor way means tolls and dual lane highway :) ]


Snapshot from Google maps from Dublin to Galway.

Cliff of Moher is a high cliff between Ireland west coast and the huge Atlantic Ocean where the next land would be the United States. During end of the year the sea is particularly rough with very strong winds. The Cliff of Moher is quite a stretch as seen below:


Cliff of Moher with very strong breeze.

I didn't manage to take more photos as I wasn't able to take out the camera, the gale force winds were just too strong, we had also suffered some injuries :) even the 'mat salleh' also huddled together clinging to the rails for safety. Crazy winds.


Another shot of the Atlantic Ocean near the Cliffs of Moher.


Calmer areas but the breeze is quite strong too.


Nice houses at Galway.

I have an impression that the people staying at Galway particularly the stretch at the Cliffs of Moher are rich people. Houses are nice and neat, nothing too big but just nice with ample of land.


An artistic shot of flowers.

Had our lunch at the restaurant with some ratings, it was an Italian Ristorante. Look at the award below:


Best restaurant award ?? Really ??

As usual, Italians like pasta, so I order the 'something' pasta, sorry I have forgotten what I have ordered. The food was okay, probably because my tummy was hungry due to the cold weather.

Some pasta but a bit too oily, I say.
On our way back, we stumbled across another castle, although not in ruins it isn't open on winter months, only summer, bummer. However, I managed to take a nice pic.


Hehehe, CY's egyptian pose.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

bad advertisement on my columbia jacket.... sob... sob...

Conrod said...

I think CY quite like it. :P

txun2001 said...

I like cliff of Moher.....it's breathtaking~

txun2001 said...

lol...speed limit 100 km/h...they must be chalenging the drivers